• Athletes like Fabio Santana, from Herbalife Gran Canaria, or Amanda Sampedro, from the Atlético de Madrid feminine, follow nutrition habits that help them yield to 100%
• The Herbalife Nutrition multinational offers recoverers such as Rebuild Strength and Rebuild Endurance, geared to athletes
Healthy nutrition is essential for all, but especially for those who exercise regularly and live an active life. A balanced diet allows to maintain body functions at its best levels, but also performs a repairing function after long exercise and training sessions.
Athletes such as Fabio Santana, base of the basketball club Herbalife Gran Canaria; or Amanda Sampedro, captain of the Atletico football club of Madrid feminine, know the importance of good sports nutrition, and therefore include in their daily routine vegetables, fruits, carbohydrates and proteins, to be 100% in each game.
While elite athletes - such as Santana or Sampedro - must follow a customized diet based on their specific characteristics and the objectives they want to achieve, the multinational specializing in healthy nutrition and active lifestyle, Herbalife Nutrition, gives a series of common tips for those who want to dedicate themselves to sport as a professional activity:
- Consumption of appropriate proteins: Proteins are the main responsible for the creation and maintenance of muscle mass,
It should be consumed between 20 and 40 grams of high quality proteins between 30 and 60 minutes after high impact training. These proteins can be obtained naturally from chicken or fish, but also in protein shakes for those who are not great eating enthusiasts immediately after exercise. Protein smoothies are usually based on dairy proteins, such as serum or casein, or vegetables such as soy.
- Balance proteins with carbohydrates: Focusing exclusively on proteins is not enough for muscle creation. Intake of proteins should be accompanied by a sufficient amount of calories of good quality, from carbohydrates.
Calories are also an important source of energy. If athletes consume less calories than they spend during exercise, their health and performance will be affected in the long term.
Carbohydrates – essential for muscle recovery – should be ingested at 30-45 minutes of high-intensity training, as in this period they are easily digestible. Some athletes also prefer to take previous supplements with ingredients such as caffeine, creatine and nitric oxide, although it is also possible to find them in wheat, quinoa, couscous, pasta, rice, bread, cookies, oats, potatoes, vegetables, fruits and vegetables.
- Maintain hydration: During and after training, it is necessary to maintain the hydration levels. While in moderate trainings the water will perform this function, in those of high impact it is important to enrich with isotonic beverages that provide electrolytes and replace nutrients that are lost in sweating, such as sodium, potassium, magnesium and calcium.
- Plan meals: Assigning schedules to meals is essential for the body of athletes. Choosing at what time eating a certain food is as important as the choice of food itself. The frequency in which a particular type of food is consumed can also be important, as high-performance diets typically require intake of certain macronutrients twice or more times a day.
- Rest: To achieve the established goals it is important to maintain a training routine that has the recommended duration and intensity. Excess training or lack of time necessary for muscle recovery may have adverse consequences for athletes' health, both physical and psychological. In this sense, it is recommended to have at least one day of rest per week, in which no physical activity is done.
“I always try to be in a positive state, visualize the plays I have to do and what the coach has said. Physically, I try to eat well after morning training, and rest, which is also very important”, says Santana, of the Herbalife Gran Canaria, to which Sampedro of the Atletico of Madrid responds: “It is very important on the day of the party to make all the meals stipulated by the technical body, rest well and make a small activation.” Recetas para Cookeo de Moulinex
- Use food supplements: In order to increase sports performance, athletes must ensure proper intake of vitamins, proteins and minerals, and when there is no time to prepare or consume food, many athletes often resort to food supplements. These supplements contain specific nutrients that help muscle formation, always accompanied by a healthy and balanced diet.
The consumption of nutritional supplements must be done in a responsible way by choosing those products that comply with health and quality regulations, with labels that describe all their active ingredients.
Herbalife Nutrition recommends products from your Herbalife24 line for optimal muscle recovery. Rebuild Strength is a protein-rich drink that serves for strength training, while Rebuild Endurance is a drink rich in carbohydrates, ideal to consume after having practiced high resistance sports.
“I’m trying to take a lot of recoverers like Rebuild Endurance, and also proteics for when I do gym sessions to increase muscle mass,” said Santana, who also regularly consumes other brand products such as Hydrate and Rebuild Strength chocolate flavor.
Football players like Amanda Sampedro, for their part, also opt for Hydrate and include Liftoff, an effervescent energy drink, low in calories and caffeine, which helps to increase the alertness and improves concentration. “They are the two products I use daily that allow me to always be in the best conditions for sports practice,” he said.
ON HERBALIFE NUTRITION Ltd
Herbalife Nutrition is a global company dedicated to changing the lives of people with quality nutritional products and a proven business opportunity for their independent distributors since 1980.
The company offers high-quality, science-based products that are sold in more than 90 countries by independent distributors, who provide personalized training to inspire their customers to adopt a healthier and more active lifestyle. Through her global campaign to eradicate hunger, Herbalife Nutrition is also committed to bringing nutrition and education to communities around the world.
For more information, please visit IAmHerbalifeNutrition.com
Herbalife Nutrition also invites investors to visit their investor relations website go.herbalife.comwhere you will find all the updated financial information, as well as the latest developments.
Elite athletes must follow a special nutrition regime
• Athletes like Fabio Santana, from Herbalife Gran Canaria, or Amanda Sampedro, from the Atlético de Madrid feminine, follow nutrition habits that help them
Acording with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), Pub. L. 105-304 If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed, notify our team at the email [email protected]