Food security is also the responsibility of the final consumer. Maintaining hygiene and separating different types of food is essential for safe consumption. Herbalife Nutrition recalls 5 advices from the World Health Organization to preserve food security
On 7 June, the World Food Security Day is commemorated, a date created in 2018 by the United Nations General Assembly to reflect on the importance of ensuring healthy and safe food.
The process of keeping food in perfect condition begins on the earth and ends at the table. Although international organizations are responsible for monitoring food security along the production chain and setting standards for food-producing companies, consumers also have a key role to play in ensuring that what is consumed is in optimal conditions.
Herbalife Nutrition has collected five advice from the World Health Organization to help preserve the foods that are consumed and ensure that they are suitable for the body. Following these simple recommendations is important to prepare tasty, nutritious and suitable meals for all:
Keep cleaning: Some microorganisms can be transported through the hands, kitchen cloths and utensils, especially cutting boards, and from there they can easily contaminate food.
- Wash your hands after going to the bathroom, before handling food and while preparing smoothies or juices.
- Carefully wash and disinfect the surfaces and equipment used to make smoothies or juices, including the mixer, ice containers, blender, cups, etc.
- Protect areas of cooking, food and insect utensils, pests and other animals. Make sure to properly store and cover dishes, cups or glasses.
Separate raw foods from the processed: Raw foods, particularly meat, birds and seafood may contain germs. These are eliminated when properly cooked, but during the preparation and storage process they can be unintentionally transferred to other raw foods such as fruits and vegetables.
- Separate raw meats, birds and seafood from other foods, and store them in containers to avoid contact between raw and cooked foods.
- Use separate equipment and utensils to manipulate raw food. Opt for using cutting boards of different colors. For example, a raw meat red and a green to cut raw vegetables.
Cooking food well: A proper cooking kills most harmful microorganisms. This is especially important in the case of meats, birds, eggs and seafood. Trámites de notarias un USA para hispanos
- Cook proteins well. The juices of meat and chicken must be of light colour, neither red nor pink.
- Boil more liquid foods such as soups and stews.
- Heat well cooked food.
Keep food at safe temperatures: Micro-organisms can rapidly multiply at room temperature. By keeping them below 5° C or above 60° C, the growth of microorganisms can slow down or stop.
- Do not leave cooked or perishable food at room temperature for more than two hours. When using milk or other perishable foods to prepare smoothies, take them to the fridge immediately after use.
- If smoothies or foods are taken to work or gym, ask if there is a refrigerator where to store them.
- If you opt for salty and hot recipes, keep them at more than 60° C before serving them.
- If smoothies or ice cream are prepared, they should not be stored in the fridge for more than three days or in the freezer for more than two months.
Use clean water and safe ingredients
- Use clean and safe water to prepare drinks, make ice and wash food. If you buy the ice, make sure it comes from a reliable source.
- Choose safe processed foods such as pasteurized milk.
- If raw fruits and vegetables are used for smoothies or soups, wash them well.
- Do not use powdered smoothies, or any other food, beyond its expiry date.
About Herbalife Nutrition Ltd
Herbalife Nutrition is a global company dedicated to changing the lives of people with quality nutritional products and a proven business opportunity for their Independent Members since 1980.
The company offers high quality products, supported by science, which are sold in more than 90 countries by Independent Members, who provide personalized training to inspire their customers by adopting a healthier and more active lifestyle. Through her global campaign to eradicate hunger, Herbalife Nutrition is also committed to bringing nutrition and education to communities around the world.
For more information, please visit IAmHerbalifeNutrition.com.
Herbalife Nutrition also invites investors to visit their investor relations website go.herbalife.comwhere you will find all the updated financial information, as well as the latest developments.
Herbalife Nutrition Remembers How To Guarantee Food Security
Food security is also the responsibility of the final consumer. Maintaining hygiene and separating different types of food is essential for safe consumption. H
Acording with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”), Pub. L. 105-304 If you believe that your copyrighted work is being infringed, notify our team at the email [email protected]